Tarrytown to hold legalized pot briefing
TARRYTOWN, NY – The Village of Tarrytown will hold a public information session on the legalization of marijuana.
The meeting will take place at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, September 28 at the village hall, but will also be accessible via Zoom.
Village officials said the session will feature Wade Beltramo, general counsel for the New York Conference of Mayors, who will provide a 15- to 20-minute overview of changes to cannabis laws in the state.
Specifically, the meeting will cover topics that impact local governments, including the following:
- Where can marijuana be smoked now and how it can be regulated in public.
- Municipality options to register or withdraw from on-site sales and consumption bars.
- Time limits for which the opt-out decision must be taken.
- Implications for sales tax revenue for the village.
- If we accept, how could zoning work in this context.
- How the state will regulate marijuana dispensaries and on-site consumption sites.
- What a dispensary looks like.
The public will not have the opportunity to make general comments on the matter.
If you are attending the meeting in person, wearing a mask is mandatory regardless of immunization status.
The public can watch the meeting through Zoom. Go to this website for instructions on how to view the meeting using Zoom.