NJ’s premier cannabis business conference, networking event takes place September 15th. Speakers, topics, how to buy tickets
In New Jersey, there are currently just over 300 legal weed license holders – growers, manufacturers and retailers. That number is expected to rise as the state has approved licenses nearly every month since the consumer market opened in April.
To help businesses operating in the Garden State Cannabis Market, NJ Cannabis Insider Live designed an intensive learning experience. The Cannabis Business Bootcamp presented by Weed maps is a full-day, two-part conference that focuses on serving New Jersey’s conditional licensees, small businesses and future operators.
The September 15 bootcamp, which will run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Princeton Conference Center. Special discounted rates for half-day and full-day tickets, plus benefits are available for conditional license holders. register here.
The event not only showcases some of the biggest players in the cannabis space, but it also attracts many of the industry‘s leading professional services companies to exhibit at its vendors.
The full range of speakers, workshops and CannaTalks:
- Wesley McWhiteIIINJ Cannabis Regulatory Commission, Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Ken Vande Vredefounder and CEO of New Jersey-based HillviewMed and Kaló beverages
TRACK 1 — BEGINNER
Essentials for license application and associated funding challenges
- Lou Magazzuowner of the law firm Magazzu
Understand why compliance and security are critical to your operation
- David MyersVP of Security at Cannaspire
How to set up your business for investors
- Ekwutozia Nwabuzorlawyer investment manager at Lowenstein Sandler
- Todd Polynyak, partner to Sax LLPa multidisciplinary accounting, tax and consulting firm
- Tyler Beuerleindirector of strategic business development at Safe Harbor Financial
TRACK 2 — ADVANCED
I have a conditional licence, now what?
- Sarah Trentfounder of Valley Wellness – craft dispensary opened in November – and CEO of NJ Cannabis Certified
- Rob Mejiaauthor, entrepreneur and adjunct professor at the University of Stockton
- Fruqan Mouzonattorney at Fox Rothschild LLP, assistant attorney for former New Jersey Governor John Corzine
How Small Businesses Can Market Successfully
- Lizzie Kirshenbaum, the Associate Director of East Coast Government Relations at Weed maps
- Stephen GoldSenior Customer Sales Manager at Weedmaps
In addition to keynotes and workshops, we organize CannaTalks from 30 minutes to one hour:
Real estate: a special market means special challenges
- Darrin Chandler Jr.director of Cannabis Real Estate at RIPCO, co-founder of Premium Genetics
Construction: Avoiding the perils of planning and construction
- Art HanceCEO of Hance Building
Cut the Red Tape: What State Agencies Can Do for You
- Melanie Willoughbyexecutive director of the NJ Business Action Center
In it to win: best practices for running a successful business
- Gary CohenCEO of Cova Software
- Peter GrossCEO of Epic Valley Farms, an Oregon cannabis grower
Keys to the city: how to work with your city
- Mayor Janice KovachClinton Town, outgoing president of the New Jersey State Municipal League
- Mollie Hartman Lustiglawyer, is the president of McLaughlin and SternCannabis practice group
Supplier and sponsor Expo Floor
Sponsors and partners of NJ Cannabis Insider events are among the companies shaping the industry locally and regionally.
- Weed maps, is a leading provider of technology and software infrastructure for the cannabis industry. Its suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point-of-sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. . The platform also provides consumers with information about cannabis products on web and mobile platforms, including the list of retailers and local brands, facilitating product discovery.
- Hance Buildingfounding sponsor of NJ Cannabis Insider, has built and is building cannabis grow facilities in New Jersey, offering consultancy and site locating services
- Accounting and consulting SAX is a top 100 multidisciplinary accounting, tax and advisory firm serving the needs of private companies, family businesses, non-profit organizations and high net worth individuals, providing services to all market segments through through its SAX Cannabis Advisors group
- Hillview Med is an emerging producer and marketer of medical cannabis, Hillview was one of the first in the state to grow hemp and manufacture products, such as its popular CBD-infused drink Kaló
- The botanista retail and product brand created to help those seeking wellness, by guiding patients and consumers through their discovery of cannabis. Dispensaries are located in the Mid-Atlantic, New England, and Midwest.
- CPA and HBK assessmentsa multidisciplinary financial services firm, offering the collective intelligence of professionals committed to providing exceptional client service across a wide range of tax, accounting, auditing, business advisory, valuation, financial planning, management services wealth management and support services from offices in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, New York and Florida.
- Cova builds innovative retail software solutions specifically for dispensaries. Its point-of-sale and inventory management platform is designed to simplify compliance, streamline complex dispensary operations, and enable dispensaries to provide the best shopping experience possible. Based in Denver, Cova powers more than 1,800 points of sale in North America.
- McLaughlin & Stern engages in sophisticated legal work with burgeoning practices in cutting-edge areas of law, such as art, media, entertainment and hospitality. The company has a sports practice group, a land and sea environmental group, and a cannabis, medical marijuana and hemp group.
- Cannaspire Consultinga certified woman-owned business, provides app writing, security and technology solutions, regulatory compliance consulting, and auditing services
- Magazzu Law Firmowned by Lou Magazzu, with successes in the site selection and approval process, related zoning and planning issues, and the opening of a dispensary and cultivation sites.
- Safe Harbor Financial is one of the first financial services providers to offer reliable access to banking solutions for cannabis, hemp, CBD and ancillary operators, making communities safer, stimulating the growth of local economies and fostering long-lasting partnerships term. Over the past seven years, Safe Harbor has processed over $12 billion in transactions with operations spanning 20 states with regulated cannabis markets.
- Fox Rothschild law, named Practice Group of the Year by Law360 and ranked by Chambers USA, its experienced cannabis law team works closely with highly regulated businesses from New Jersey to California.
- UFCW 360The Cannabis Workers Union, for over a decade the union has been proud to help grow and stabilize the emerging cannabis industry through our innovative Cannabis Workers Rising campaign.
- John Mackevitch’s Law is an established Midwestern law firm whose attorneys have served cannabis clients with an emphasis on skill and loyalty for over 10 years.
- VGS Studio is a fully integrated, employee-owned leader in retail store design and manufacturing, spanning over 40 years, 12 markets and thousands of projects. Its offering includes: full store concept design, customer journey mapping, indoor/outdoor signage, menu boards, drive-thru and mobile order-taking systems, modular buildings, and more.
- Treez is the leading enterprise cloud commerce platform that streamlines retail and supply chain operations in the cannabis market. With its innovative technology for retailers and brands, the company provides a robust range and depth of software solutions needed to run a modern dispensary successfully.
- Zencorn a minority-owned company that offers secure seed-to-sale cannabis payment solutions for the supplier, dispensary/retailer and consumer.
- Badge is a national architectural design studio and manufacturer based in West Deptford, NJ.
- Dutch is an all-in-one technology platform that powers the cannabis industry with point of sale, e-commerce, payments, and more. With over 5,000 partner dispensaries, it processes over $14 billion in cannabis sales annually.
- New Jersey Canna Business Associationthe largest trade group in the Garden State, operating as the state’s cannabis chamber of commerce
- University of Stockton, the Interdisciplinary Minor in Cannabis Studies provides students with a foundation for understanding the nascent cannabis industry. Stockton recently opened The Cannabis and Hemp Research Institutewho will research hemp cultivation and develop laboratory tests.
- women grow up the global leader in connecting, educating, inspiring and empowering the next generation of female leaders in the cannabis and hemp industry.
- Cannabis Insider Jobsin conjunction with NJ Cannabis Insider, is dedicated to helping individuals find careers in the cannabis industry, leveraging its digital presence through parent company NJ.com local advance.
Click here for more details and to buy tickets. (To note: Availability is limited. As others will tell you, we’ve had to turn people away at our last large-scale events.)
NJ Cannabis Insider is a weekly subscription-based online business magazine and event group produced by NJ Advance Media, which also publishes NJ.com, The Star-Ledger and other affiliated newspapers. Are you interested in the NJ cannabis industry? Subscribe here for insider exclusives. follow us on LinkedIn.