California investigators seize 14,113 marijuana plants, $ 350,000 in cash; 33 orders
SAN BERNARDINO, California – Over a six-day period, California investigators arrested 33 suspects in connection with the illegal cultivation of marijuana, seizing 14,113 marijuana plants, eight firearms, 9,550 grams of concentrated marijuana and more than $ 352,000 in cash.
Between December 20 and December 26, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department – Marijuana Enforcement Team, along with the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Deputies, served 22 search warrants at various locations in the Lucerne Valley, Twentynine Palms, Joshua Tree, Landers, Johnson Valley, Rancho Cucamonga, Newberry Springs, Running Springs, Colton, Hesperia, Victorville, Phelan and El Mirage.
During “Operation Hammer Strike”, investigators eradicated a total of 56 greenhouses found in these locations and five indoor growing sites. Investigators mitigated an electrical bypass, a marijuana delivery service, and a THC extraction lab.
Receive your best stories daily! Sign up for the FOX 11 Fast 5 newsletter. And get late-breaking alerts in the FOX 11 News app. Download for iOS or Android.
Investigators said the cannabis crops did not comply with the California Medical and Adult Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act (MAUCRSA) and the San Bernardino County ordinance prohibiting the commercial activity of the cannabis. San Bernardino County has a law prohibiting the commercial activity of cannabis, including growing marijuana plants outdoors.
The people charged in connection with Operation Hammer Strike were:
- Pedro Sanchez, 20, from Mexico.
- Otilio Torres, 26, from Mexico.
- Tommy Vue, 49, of Sanger, Calif.
- Almarosa Morales, 33, from Mexico.
- Ruben Reyes, 33, from Mexico.
- Lorenzo Morales, 38, from Corona, New York.
- Rosauda Trinidad, 18, from Mexico.
- Ruben Menecia, 19, from Mexico.
- Thomas Rimmington, 57, of Twentynine Palms, Calif.
- Trizzy Nguyen, 28, from Hesperia, Calif.
- David Liu, 31, from Hesperia, Calif.
- Luis Ramirez, 45, from Mexico.
- Emmanuel Ramos, 27, from Mexico.
- Luis Valenzuela, 22, from Mexico.
- JosÃ© Sandoval, 18, from Ontario, California.
- Roberto Armas, 25, of Newberry Springs, Calif.
- Reyes Jaimes-Nunez, 38, from Hesperia, Calif.
- Sarahy Jaimes, 27, from Pomona, Calif.
- Isabel Spiegal, 63, of Running Springs, Calif.
- Griselda Farias, 51, of Colton, Calif.
- JosÃ© Perez, 22, from Phelan, Calif.
- Bernice Cornejo, 48, from Oxford, AL.
- Paulino Gomez, 36, of Oxford, AL.
- Nancy Franco, 28, from Augusta, Georgia.
- Israel Rincon, 40, of Henry, Calif.
- Oscar Camacho, 23, of Los Angeles, California.
- Alba Velasco, 61, from Adelanto, Calif.
- Edgar Mendoza, 21, from Phelan, Calif.
- Xiuing Dang, 65, from El Mirage, Calif.
- Sheng Wang, 65, of El Mirage, Calif.
- Junkui Feng, 53, of Los Angeles, California.
- Zhen Liu, 27, of El Monte, Calif.
- Xiao Zhou, 38, from San Gabriel, Calif.
- Joe Zhou, 41, of San Gabriel, Calif.
The suspects have been named or charged with growing cannabis, more than six plants, possession for sale of marijuana, illegal water discharge, manufacture of a controlled substance, attempted murder and conspiracy.
Tune into FOX 11 Los Angeles for the latest news from Southern California.